Monday, April 30, 2007

hope discovered?

I didn't realize until today that it's been almost a month since I put some thoughts on here. I know I said it had been crazy before, but this time I mean it.

I am still recovering from my trip to Seattle last week. It was amazing to see a completely new part of the country, feel the chilly Pacific Ocean comb through my fingers, and be out of the forest of work and life. It brought clarity, which I know is ironic considering it's Seattle, where everyone says it rains ALL the time (news flash: it doesn't).

But it brought clarity nonetheless. I was reminded again that all the emotional stuff I've had to deal with over the past 8 months or so is finally resolved. And I am free to move forward, with my head held high, confident that there are people in my life who are in my corner, cheering me on. I can see the significance that I've always had, but have never allowed myself to see. Thanks to some pretty special people, led by one in particular.

So hopefully that means that the tone of this blog will take on that for which it was originally intended. Longing. Not for someone's attention, or relief from the ache of the past. But a joyous hope for heaven, surrounded by friends and family who echo the chorus. This is my goal.

No comments: